New Red Spider Wood!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmedic25

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got me a big peice of Gnarly red spider wood. Dosent change PH or leach tannins. Love the way it looks like an old tree!!!
img_1825326_0_c811816cee4fe2bca3a9677884a21787.jpg

Thought about doin that myself but can't decide btween that or white crushed coral lol for the size tank I have I really should go with the blasting sand for price reasons but most of my fish r dark as well and I'm kinda ify about it

Yeah i understand..I painted my background black and with the black sand i selected very colorful fish.

I have a black diamond cichlid that will prob b the star of my tank lol and few other dark cichlids so I'm not sure if the black sand would take from or add to the colors of them lol

If you have good lighting it shouldnt be a problem you could do some black sand and then scatter some white coral on top

Good idea I have pretty much no lighting lol the hood to my tank 6ft long and I have 2 little 17in lights from the hardware store in it pretty depressing

I bought a used hood from my lfs today that has 2 70in bulbs in it that I was gonna transfer to my hood but they run off a ballast an when I plug it up one bulb does nothing and the other only comes on for a split sec I'm so aggravated

Thanx ima check em out I shoulda known better when I got it for 20 bucks lol but I was hopin I got a lucky break o well

Thanx again I'm gonna post sum pics 2mrw of the set up I just bought and see if anyone is familiar with this particular set up and cross my fingers I get sum help lol I looked on the link u gave me an I didn't see any 70" bulbs but the prices were great so if I have to throw out my new/used set up I no where I will b shopping lol

You wont see 70 inch bulbs from AH. But what you do is put 2 36in bulbs in the hood. Wow you would have 110 watts from that setup
would look like this.

If you have a spare weekend you could come stay in Athens. Some really great places to see. Good restaraunts ect...Aqarium outfitters is a fun LFS to go to also. Im also very happy with a pice of drift wood I have from manzinita burlworks. You will have to google that one. What are you looking for I have a stump piece im not going to use. Its already sunk in a rain barrel in my back yard. I can send you pics.

Back
Top Bottom