New Sump for 125 Gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonCollins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys,

Our 125 Gallon FOWLR has been up and running for about 4 years now, but it was second hand and has some maintenance issues these days (a rapidly deteriorating cabinet being the most severe.) We are going to order a new cabinet tomorrow which means a dismantle of the current set up is in order. I have set up my old 26 gallon bowfront for the 3 remaining fish (a Clown, Blue Hippo-small, about 4" long, and a Pajama Cardinal) and clean up crew (about 25 blue leg hermits and a few turbo's) and plan on moving them to their temporary tank soon.

Currently running in my sump is a UV sterilizer, a nitrate reactor, and a Skimmer that is nearly impossible to clean due to space limitations-it almost touches the bottom of the tank. The sump is set up using a 30L tank in the cabinet.

The tank itself is an All Glass 125 w/twin overflow.

Cleaning the sump is a nightmare and takes upwards of 3 hours to take it all apart and put back together. Because of this, the overall health of the tank has suffered in the last year or so. We love the tank, but need to take this opportunity to make changes to our filtration so the tank can be maintained in a reasonable amount of time.

We do not plan on keeping corals in the foreseeable future and are content with a FOWLR set up. I am looking for a filtration option that is relatively easy to clean and maintain yet affordable. Any ideas/opinions are welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Don

Back
Top Bottom