New system questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafatoy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Questions? what is dosing, how do I introduce it or where to add? (sump or main tank), and what has just happen an anemone splits?

rayjay you seen to be the one to ask, where shaw I begin, humm. Alway wanted to start a saltwater, been with freashwater for about 6 years and its been fun, so the opportunity came. I aquire this tank from a friend that was done with this hobby, most of all the everything he had was coral, the light is an metal halide 150w 10k bulb, (I do have a chiller), (so he says), yes I know I am newbie and should of waited for the tank to finish its cycle, have been reading and keeping myself well inform, I did a naughty thing by not following the rules, (PATIENCES), but I was not going to let all his creatures die, (they too was part of the package). So ccCapt to answer your question, water parameter pH 8.0 Ammonia .25 Nitrite .5 Nitrate 0, that was the test on 11/26/11 before hand water para with Nitrite was 0 and Nitrate was 0. Here's the no no, tank setup time its now 3 weeks. Anemone was doing good, now as I write this it has found a hole in LR and has manage to hide most of itself inside, and some sort of white slim on the LR. Help !!
Dont want it to die, I rescued him!!!!

Sounds like it is already dead,you need to get as much of it 's remains as you can out of the tank now.

I started a new thread for you since the thread you posted your question to was almost 5 yrs old.

Ok it's official, the anemone died, got it out and rushed to get some H20, and added some live sand to replace what I took out. Thank you to all for the help....still have lots of questions....

Back
Top Bottom