New Tank Time! Ideas???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessev74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Inheriting a 36g bowfront from a friend, a big upgrade from my little planted 10g.

I'm planning on moving 1 male molly and the 2 male guppies over to the 36. The rest of my current tank inhabitants will stay in the 10g which I'm giving to my sister.

Here is what I want in the 36g so far:
-1 male molly
-2 male guppies
-10 neon tetra
-5 kuhli loaches
-1 apisto
-1 peacock gudgeon
-3-5 Amano shrimp
-2 Nerite snails

Tank will be heavily planted with Anacharis, Pennywort, Crypts, and Hornwort. Going to be running a Penn Plax Cascade 700, or the similar Hydor model. Haven't decided yet. Point is I'll have about 700GPH filtration :)

This setup right now has me at just 80% on aqadvisor. I'm a fairly experienced keeper so I'm very comfortable ramping that number up to 100%.

My question for all of you is, what else should I add???? I'm thinking maybe a sword, or some sort of catfish, any suggestions? I don't want anything to eat the tetra, and I definitely want a school of neons.

Hmmm.... Sounds like it will be a neat build! Maybe just bump up the number in the schools? I think more neons would look cool, to have a big graceful school swimming around. Maybe a bristle nose Plec? Not sure how they would do with other tank mates... :) good luck I hope you find something suitable!

Get 3 mid-size, swordtails are good. I have a pair of Bolivian Rams in my 36 bow front and they are fantastic! Charismatic, stay small, very interactive and mildly colorful

This is something I wish I had some with my 35 gallon.

1 African leave fish
1 African butterfly fish
6 Congo tetras
3 upside down catfish

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom