New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPXnoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
image-717835871.jpg

So this is my newest tank. I was given it as a gift. It's a 29 gallon. Anybody have any ideas to what else I should do with it? My mind is almost as blank as this tank is right now.

What about decorating with a couple taller pieces of wood and 1 or 2 smaller ones and just using mosses and ferns? You can't go wrong with plants that need minimal care. Just an idea of what I would use: java fern, java fern "wendilov", java fern "trident" or "needle leaf", watersprite, fissidens fontanus, xmas moss, flame or willow moss and marsilea minuta for ground cover. That would be an awesome tank.

My GF said I should use some taller amazon swords in the corners to "hide" them. And my LFS(Petmart) has pitiful selection of plants so I'm rather limited.

My GF said I should use some taller amazon swords in the corners to "hide" them. And my LFS(Petmart) has pitiful selection of plants so I'm rather limited.

If you join one of the aquatic plant forums like theplantedtank.net, you can get plants cheap from other hobbyists.

Back
Top Bottom