New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

55gls

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Set up a 10 gallon tank and was wondering how manny fish I can actually put in it without over crowding I was thinking of two dwarf gourami and some neon tetras??

Set up a 10 gallon tank and was wondering how manny fish I can actually put in it without over crowding I was thinking of two dwarf gourami and some neon tetras??

Alright, first thing first, never add two DGs to a tank less then 30g. One will be fine along with 5-6 neons

Never add more the one DG to a tank less then 30 g as they are territorial. But one along with 5-6 neons would be great stocking

I always think a betta is beautiful, especially in a planted 10g (i hope you plant, always looks great)!

In my 10 g I currently have a betta and my male platy which i separated from the girls!

I also had fry with my betta and he didnt touch them (although temperament is individual to each betta)!

Anyways my DG doesnt touch my fry so i believe they would be fine! What i would recommend is a betta + 5-6 neons, or a DG + 5-6 neons! Good luck, please post some pictures afterwards!

image-1263214469.jpg

image-2171272802.jpg

Well I went with two dg want to see if they will mate they seem happy the female follows around the male and nudges him a lot if I add some neon tetra will that interfere with them possibly breeding?

Back
Top Bottom