New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CRAZYNURSE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I set up new tank and my ph is 7.6 . Is that okay and if not how do I lower it without messing up other levels which are ok? I dont have anything fish in tank yet. I want betta with some shrimp and snails eventually

Check what your tap water pH is, that will tell you if anything in the tank is affecting your pH. If possible check what the water pH of the store you are planning on buying your *fish* from is. As long as it's not a BIG difference from yours you should be fine

As long as your ph is consistent then you should be fine. Fish will adjust to your water.
I'd be kind of worried about shrimp with a betta, he may make a snack of them.

the question shouldn't be about ph, which is fine, but is your tank cycled yet?

Yes it has been cycled. Everything looks good I was just little worried about the ph being slightly high

How did you cycle the tank?

The PH is fine, as long as it doesn't fluctuate wildly then you won't have any issues.

The only issue with your stocking plan is that the betta will possibly eat the shrimp. So don't spend a ton of money on them just in case.

I used tetra safe start and let it cycle for over a month and I used test kit and all levels are good. And I wont spend a lot on shrimp. Thank you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom