New to Mollies, help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabbs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new to having a Molly and I know she's pregnant but not sure how far along. I have had her for a week now.

Attachments

• 20130427_192353_20261.jpg
    20130427_192353_20261.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 65
She's got a way to go yet. A few weeks. She'll get really round and then square before she drops. Fit to burst. X

Ok so are they pregnant longer than guppies? Pretty much squared off like them? Thanks so much for your help :)

Mollies and platys are very similar. Here's my platy the day before she popped.

Attachments

• image-3386179549.jpg
    image-3386179549.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 50
I'm new to having a Molly and I know she's pregnant but not sure how far along. I have had her for a week now.

She definitely has a way ro go.. a few weeks. The molly gestation period is 35 to 42 days. Which ,yes, is longer than guppies who take only up to 32 days. You will gradually see her get more round. Then squareish. Once the square shape takes it will be a matter of days. ..do you have a place for your fry? Because a female molly will eat her fry...

Thanks everyone yeah have a tank for the fry and her tank shes in has loads of plants for the fry to hide. My guppies give birth in one tank then go back into their own and the fry go into another. She will be the same :) can wait.

Post pixs when she has them. She is a beautiful color. Do you know who the mate is or did you but her like that?

Got her like that :) her belly is bigger now as this pic is over a week old.

Back
Top Bottom