new to the forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:eek: 7.5 pH??? I'd say you at least know appx. where your pH stands. That is an amount you can deal with for most fish.

Are you rinsing out the glass vials really, really well?

Yeah I rinsed them out atleast 20 times before I let them dry out and followed instructions in the booklet to the letter. By the way why eek? Is my ph too high?

Found a lfs that specializes in cichlids, didnt see any bolivian rams though, they had a lot of the bigger cichlids, saw a huge one that was over 12 inches.

I was looking at him thinking you need a bigger tank and less tankmates XD biggest Cichlid I ever seen

Last edited by a moderator:
CoralBandit answered well - AquaClear (A/C) HOB is great, one of the best for a mid to larger tank if the A/C 110 is a monster great filter. You can adjust the flow to a large degree more powerful/faster or reduce/ and slower. It cycles around /up to 500G per hour :eek: Way easier to clean/maintain than my Fluval FX-5 which is around 600G per hour. And costs WAY more to buy new. Now there is only FX-6 (biggest) Mine is awesome but the older model.

Since most everyone upgrades their tank size you can't really go wrong with the bigger is better idea. So think bigger than needed.

My 46G bowfront is running the AC 110! And it is great. I am going to buy another to run on my 72G adding Seachem Matrix and I already have an extra Purigen pouch as well. +++

Last edited:
So good news, went to petsmart with my mom and liked a 54 gallon corner tank better than the 46g bowfront!

Nice, bigger is good.

Yes I like both items. The Purigen is nice and helps keep the tank sparkling clear, Matrix provides tons of tiny places for extra BB to grow.
I have a smaller amount in the canister filter presently- FX-5 and want to start changing out my little media pad chunks for lots more of the Matrix until the little pads are gone.

Bad thing about the bulk media material cut into chunks is they weigh down more and more as they collect gunk so I think they are more of a negative now as they have been aging and losing their springiness or loft.

Does the tank come with anything, like a filter, what kind of light?

Back
Top Bottom