Newbie Alert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Otis too. They get 2 inch Max and do a good job. Mine school sometimes too. If u do get a pleco make sure u stick with smaller ones like the bristlenose but even then they will get 8 to 10 inches mature.

I have a pair of Bolivian rams and they are very peaceful. Have never seen em nip fins or show aggression. But being cichlids if they spawn they will show aggression to protect their eggs

Yea pics from the fish shop dude, like my Panda Garras that look after my smaller tank, will probably stick with those and look at your suggestions too, get some variety going on!
Love these Panda Garras, great fun, never stop, keep me tank sparkling!

Attachments

• image-2068654196.jpg
    image-2068654196.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image-712529859.jpg
    image-712529859.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 61
Those plectos shown will get big. The otos always do better wrk and are more interesting in their highly active behavior. Imo.

mdavidson said:
I have a pair of Bolivian rams and they are very peaceful. Have never seen em nip fins or show aggression. But being cichlids if they spawn they will show aggression to protect their eggs

Brilliant, thanks for the advice, knew they were protective toward young but was just unsure which were the best compatible wise ya know, like the look of these.

Attachments

• image-1727007087.jpg
    image-1727007087.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image-859667864.jpg
    image-859667864.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 80
Fruityscone said:
Yea pics from the fish shop dude, like my Panda Garras that look after my smaller tank, will probably stick with those and look at your suggestions too, get some variety going on!
Love these Panda Garras, great fun, never stop, keep me tank sparkling!

I thought so. Always like to check b4 I say I prefer a different fish that the guy I am talkin to doesn't already own/ love that fish... I only say that about plectos bc my oldest and most dear fish is the laziest, most useless plecto ever!! Lol

Fruityscone said:
Brilliant, thanks for the advice, knew they were protective toward young but was just unsure which were the best compatible wise ya know, like the look of these.

Awesome... I would wry about comparability w tropical fish. Especially dietary needs. And I always wry about chlids w non chlids. But I have no experience w that particular fish.

Fruityscone said:

Those are German golds I believe. Here are mine

Not that I have ever seen. I have them with long fin danios rosy barbs silver dollars gold severums a blood parrot and a ghost knife

mdavidson said:
Not that I have ever seen. I have them with long fin danios rosy barbs silver dollars gold severums a blood parrot and a ghost knife

I would have been scared to put them w danios. Or the knife w dans. Always been told they are mean. guess that wasn't entirely true...

Fruityscone said:
Check ya later guys, me meds time, unfortunately they wipe out for several hours, speak soon though!

The last lot of babies to appear couple of days ago!

Aight. Be watching ur build...

Ty. My rams have great personality. Thinking of getting another pair. And I have heard that before about my build with what I have in my 125 but have not had any issues. Even w my blood parrot the size of a baseball or the one severum just smaller than him. Or the ghost knife push in 7 inches or so

mdavidson said:
Ty. My rams have great personality. Thinking of getting another pair. And I have heard that before about my build with what I have in my 125 but have not had any issues. Even w my blood parrot the size of a baseball or the one severum just smaller than him. Or the ghost knife push in 7 inches or so

The size of ur tank helps considerably I am sure... The fish who may not get along need not even see eachother for days...

Back
Top Bottom