Newbie help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New numbers and questions

Okay so I'm a little over 3 weeks in and pretty sure the cycle process is getting there. As of tonight here's my specs:

pH- 7.4-7.6
Ammonia- .25ppm
NO2- .25ppm
NO3- 0-5ppm

*My question is do I keep doing daily water changes? I'm below the specs you've mentioned, but not sure if I'm supposed to keep changing to keep dropping the numbers to the desired 0ppm??

Also I've addressed an Ich issue I had and used salt and heat. After 3 days of salt the Ich is gone, but per my researching I plan to keep the heat elevated for another week or so to assure it's gone.

*My question on this is I've read the spores drop off and it's important to vacuum the gravel. I've done this for the past 3 days and was curious how long the spores may linger in the tank? If I no longer am doing daily water changes do I need to be concerned the spores may still be in the tank??

Thanks in advance for your help and advice. I'm glad things have gotten close to ready to replenish my inventory and enjoy being a fish tank owner.

Josh

I'd keep doing them for the next week to be absolutely sure. Then return temp to normal

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom