Newbie Needs Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonBlade123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had 1 male guppy and 2 female guppy for about 3 months and for about 5 days, I forgot to feed them. My female guppies look a bit fatter and its stomach is sorta box like. My male guppy got skinner but what happened to my female guppies. They both swim normally and are active like they usually are. So what's with them getting fatter without getting fed. I didnt have left over food on the bottom of the tank either.

I think they're pregnant. What they've been eating, I don't know. Maybe you could try an automatic feeder?

How long did they go without food? Fish can go a few days without hurting them...long as it doesn't get to be a habit.
Agree with Murmayde that the female guppies are probably pregnant.
Logan J

Sometimes its a good idea to fast your fish every once and a while, I fast for one day each week. that way if one doesn't eat after the fast I know there is a problem.

Chris.

I forgot to feed them for about 5 days. And before i was feeding them some fish flakes. Right now i feed all my guppies a bit of fish flakes in the morning and a few brine shrimp in the night. The female guppies seem to be active like the others.

i think five days is a little long to fast your fish===btw, if your tank is mature enough they will eat algae and such off the glass and ornaments etc.

guppie hhmmm

yea, 5 days is about the most you could go without feeding them. your fish are probably pregnant, it depends on what the situation is with them spawning, but if they show signs i say dont worry bout it. if you feel like keeping the fish if they are pregnant, put the females in a bowl and take a rope and unravel the end. the female outta lay eggs int here and when you see the fry are there put the female back and feed the fry flakes that are crunched up and very powdery. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom