Newbie with a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bklynbee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone glad to have found this forum. I have a 29g with 3 tiger barbs, 1 angelfish and 1 rainbow shark. Yesterday I decided to add more fish but I think I may have put to many. I added 3 more Barbs 2 giant danios and a Raphael catfish. They are all small now but after researching the size they can get to I am definitely overstocked. My tank is 9 months old and fully cycled. Do you think I should bring some of these fish back? I don't want to have issues with the water quality. Thanks!

I would take the Raphael and shark back. They do gets good size and not really suitable for this tank.

The shark is semi aggressive and could quickly become a bully to everything else.

I'd work on evening out your schools. Schooling fish such as barbs, tetras, danios, etc prefer groups of 5+ to feel comfortable.

Tiger barbs are also very notorious for fin nipping. If you start seeing some torn fins on say the angel especially they are your culprit.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom