Office tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I talked to my boss today (it's just me and her in our office as she owns the business) and she loves the idea of having a tank in the office. She said it will be me who takes care or it, which I'm fine with. So I will be bringing my little 10g to the office I work in :) I'm not sure what I'll do with it. It will be planted for sure and have a sand substrate. I'm thinking maybe do a sorority of bettas and maybe a snail or two... I know with a 10g options are limited. As far as other fish go, what would be a good option to get some color in the tank? I would prefer to get away from platies. Also if someone has suggestions on (hopefully rivercats happen to be lurking around :)) some plants that would be the right size for a 10g that would be great.

Well for a 10 gallon you are pretty restricted as for fish, especially with a betta sorority. If you had some nano fish, then that would be pretty cool. Would you want a sorority or a nanofish tank. You could do some ember tetras, with maybe a dwarf gourami, but that is probably not enough room for a dg. IDK, and someone needs to give more input on this, but you could do something with puffers?

Puffer need a lot of room; dwarf puffers need a lot of attention, so you will probably be spending more time on the tank than actually doing work. Bliss :) good hardy colourful fish that don't need that much attention. Platys, mollies, tetras, angel.

Platys, mollies, tetras, angel.

Nice fish but not all really ideal for a 10 gallon.

Mrs.h2012, here are some fun and colorful suggestions:

Celestial Pearl Danios
Ember Tetra
Chili Rasboras
Mosquito Rasboras
Clown killifish
Sparkling Gourami

A favorite of mine is doing a pretty heavily planted low light tank with a school of 10 or so CPDs and a colony of red cherry shrimp. In terms of low maintenance plants you could do java fern, anubias, certain crypts (parva, tropica, lutea, etc), dwarf sag, micro swords, and java/flame/fissiden moss, although your lighting will dictate your selection too.

For plants, I would suggest crypts, vals, Anubias, Pennywort, java or Christmas Moss, and driftwood. A betta sorority would work well, if you want to go that route.
Some others you can do are:
2 Dwarf Puffers
5 Male Guppies
'Multi' Shell Dwellers
10 Cardinal Tetras
15 Celestial Pearl Danios, Ember Tetras, or Chili Rasboras
2 Trios of Killie Fish
2 African Dwarf Frogs

Or you could set up a brackish terrarium and have a few red clawed crabs!

Respectfully disagree on the cardinals -- they deserve at least a 20g.

And with crabs, you have to prepare the top of the tank, make sure that none can climb and get out they are ninja's and will get out if not secured.

Back
Top Bottom