On an up grade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That stinks . I will say this thought about the hard plumbing . If you do it right you will have no vibration noise. Both my tanks overflows and returns are all hard plumbed and are super quiet .

The right way? I hope I'm doing it the right way. I am going to hard plumb it in and if is to noisy I will change it.

The mag 12 should come with a stick on foam that you stick under it. And as long and the pipes aren't touching the stand or the tank it will not make any vibration noise .

I'm good than, I have that pad just wasn't sure it should be used with the sticker side of it. Did you stick it to the pump?

Well ur right but the vibration isn't a good thing if u look at any thing really there is something to isolate the vibration from the piping and u could do it in the 3 inches u have to make up anyways it doesn't take much flex and my pump was a mag 5 with a rubber pad pipe not touching anything but still a noise added the flex and silence let alone all the reports of lines coming unglued from vibration I sell PVC pipe and fittings every day and hear all the tales of flooded rooms

I don't see how the vibration will cause a leak if you use pvc cement that melts them together . My point was that you can have a silent tank with all hard plumbing without issues .

Well there is ur flaw PVC glue dosnt melt it together like the old abs glue and pipe did PVC glue is more like epoxy or fiber glass resin or the silicone on ur tank it sticks it together using the cleaner helps a little it softens the pipe and fitting so the glue can have somthing to hold

I'm getting the PVC together and goin to hard plumb it all the way to the pump. Today I will be leak testing it Nd if it is to loud I will flex tube the first few inches.

Hmmm can you run some air line tubing all the way thru the bulkhead and out the bottom ? If you can having both ends out of water should quiet it down a lot.

Took the drain line all the way into the water and added a PVC pipe to take the overflow almost all the way to the top and it is quiet. Thinking of getting a Maggie muffler for it or just makeing one.

I held one over my current tank and it didn't seem to be as bright as my t5. But that was just one. Not sure how I am going to hang them under my canopy yet but I guess I will figure it out.

I used stainless steel eye screws in my canopy. Took the clips that come with the hanging kit and just hung them without the wires. Pretty simple but depending on your canopy you may have to add some bracing to strenghthen it and to put the eye screw into.

Back
Top Bottom