On Line Plant Stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been going to Dr. Fosters and Smith to get supplies as they seem be fairly inexpensive. I am planning a planted tank 48"L X 24" Wide and would not mind getting my plants on line. Dr. Fosters and Smiths have a plant section but I was wondering if there are better places to go. Does anyone have any good recommendations for where to go for buying plants online?

Are there any pit falls that I should be aware of?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

I have personally used Aquarium Plants and AquaticPlantDepot with success. Both have great quality plants and are reasonably priced. Aquarium Plants has a better selection, but for basic crypts and anubias and some stem plants, APD has much cheaper shipping ($10).

I don't think there is anything you should be aware of. I order all my plants online and haven't had any problems.

I've used Florida Driftwood once with success...but ordered a second times and had problems. Personally I'd get more experiences with them...maybe they have straightened up now. :)

I have also used AquariumPlants.com and was happy. I'd also recommend checking out AquaBid.com. There are several good sellers there (I would avoid any from overseas as the shipping takes too long). Many people, myself included, have bought plants through the seller Lowcoaster and have been very pleased....he has a great selection of plants, all are in perfect shape, shipped well and plus he's just a nice guy to deal with.

I agree with the AquaBid suggestion; I would strongly recommend Beviking and Fishmandan as having wonderful plants, and being very good to work with!

I have got some good plants on AquaBid... <-- best bang for you $$ IMO... You need to know what you are looking for though.

I have also ordered from AquariumPlants.com, great quality, but expensive shipping...

Never ordered plants from drsfostersmith.com. You don't need overnight shipping for most things, do make sure thought that the weather is not going to kill them in transit (too hot or cold outside)... I also try and be home when I know a delivery is due, to avoid leaving them at the doorstep or in the mailbox...

Back
Top Bottom