One strange Oscar!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asudavew

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a 55 gallon tank about 6 months ago.

It now has a couple of Oscars, a JD, a firemouth, convict, and algae eater.

They all get along well.

Don't worry! I have a 120 gallon waiting to be set up.

Anyways.. my wife decided that she likes fish too.
And the guy I bought the 120 gallon tank from gave her a 30 gallon.
We put a Blood Parrot in it(someone gave it to us in a ten gallon tank.. they couldn't take it to their apartment)we added 6 albino tiger barbs. (It really likes the company, and gets pissed when its alone- strange fish, but that's another story)

Well, my wife got excited and bought another Oscar.. an albino one.. I KNOW.. I told her how big Oscars get and we were already out of room...

But she wanted it .. it was very small. Just a baby. So we tried putting it in the 55 with the Oscar. NO GO. harassed

In with the BP... No go harassed.

Last resort.. we put it in her ten gallon goldfish tank.. I KNOW, I KNOW.. cold water, goldfish, oscar.. but it seemed to love being in there! It swam with them, ate with them, and just hung out with em. Much different than my other Oscars who like to stay in their caves.

The other day, I decided it needed to be in one of the other tanks. After all, they are heated, contain the same "types" of fish, eat the same food, etc. And it has gotten bigger...

The BP harassed him into a corner, where he stayed, so off to the 55 gallon.
No go there either, he looked so sad. And didn't fit well with the balance of the other fish. (outsider I guess)

So back to the cold water goldfish tank. In just a few minutes he seemed happy (if fish can be happy) and was swimming around with his goldfish buddies and just having a heck of a good time.

So my wife's Oscar thinks it's a goldfish. Who would have thunk it?

Strange indeed.
I guess I will leave him/her put. And move him/her to the 55 when everyone else moves to the 120. I guess it will grow up as an adopted goldfish. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom