online buying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STP wellsophyllia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys! I just wanted an opinion on online livestock purchases- ups and downs. Good and bad personal experiences..and if you have one- your favorite website to buy from. Thanks!!

I've done almost all of my purchasing off the internet. I've used saltwaterfish.com, reefs2go, and liveaquaria of the larger sites. I've had good experiences with all three, reefs2go has improved over the last year though I feel their livestock is small so I still use them mainly for pods exclusively. Saltwaterfish is the best in terms of cost and quality, where I use LA for specific pieces.

Have you ever recieved any livestock that you purchased damaged or dead? The only thing im really worried about is consistency of the health of delivered coral and fish

Yeah, reefs2go used to have a pretty bad rate of survival. Always refunded. I had one DOA from saltwaterfish that was refunded and no DOAs from LA, but they are amazing to work will and will help you out.

Imo from reputable distributors you will see as many DOAs if not less then unhealthy or dying fish from big chain stores so its worth it to me. Keep in mind that pretty much all the fish you see locally at some point were shipped the same way your considering but probably more tines since you'll be skipping the middle man.

Back
Top Bottom