Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got some goodies today :D. 3 zoas and they threw in a small birds nest frag for free, and I can't turn down a color stick :rolleyes:
img_2945760_0_01ca5a5d78ceef07e77be205dbcc6788.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice freebie! Just curious, is there any danger of your clown goby spawning directly on sps frags, damaging them? I've heard that this can occur, but I wasn't sure if it could have an actual effect on corals.

Just a pretty average ponape. The z's I got are tubbs blues, orange mauls, and I believe Green Bay packers, which if I'm correct I'll have to re-name since I'm in Chicago after all and I can't have any packers paraphernalia in bear country :p.

Just a pretty average ponape. The z's I got are tubbs blues, orange mauls, and I believe Green Bay packers, which if I'm correct I'll have to re-name since I'm in Chicago after all and I can't have any packers paraphernalia in bear country :p.

Stop copying me haha :p I have all those morphs. They're fantastic. Ponapes is the best looking birdsnest IMO. I love my little colony of it. I'm also a packers can so I approve (y)

Nice freebie! Just curious, is there any danger of your clown goby spawning directly on sps frags, damaging them? I've heard that this can occur, but I wasn't sure if it could have an actual effect on corals.

I'm not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure you need a mated pair before that becomes an issue. And either way mine has always been a fan of rics or euphies for his perches so I'm not real worried, and I can always transfer the frag should it ever become an issue.

Stop copying me haha :p I have all those morphs. They're fantastic. Ponapes is the best looking birdsnest IMO. I love my little colony of it. I'm also a packers can so I approve (y)

Well if your never going to frag them I had to get them some how didn't I? :p I also think I'm going to be ordering some Rastas if I can find a couple polyp frag where there not asking $10-15 pp

Edit: and bears for life over here, not sure if I can be friends with you any more :p

Well if your never going to frag them I had to get them some how didn't I? :p I also think I'm going to be ordering some Rastas if I can find a couple polyp frag where there not asking $10-15 pp

Haha I'm just lazy web it comes to fragging and the GB packers would be impossible to get to. I'm scared to ship stuff too haha. Eventually I will figure it out and dang I want some Rastas...those nuke greens and candy apples are my next to find.

Yeah I almost got some blue agave palys, but they wanted $50 pp. the candy apples are on my list too, great minds I guess

Still doing the same thing, cut an hour and a half off the light schedule and it still closes up before the light goes off

Here comes the photo dump, first up the birdsnests
img_2945869_0_febc06674bffab16f0a3a106753a1e3a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Next we got the new z's, top down
img_2945869_1_d3384e8717ffed5c96b9ae3366ee1eda.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And from the front, re scaped the right side a little
img_2945869_2_85b22aea9680f11d06116603da03888e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And the new FTS
img_2945869_3_15db5514d87a777cd05e9a65caaefcb1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And a close up of what I think may be my new favorite morph
img_2945869_4_6e36f4e3b003e6afe92c82c4ff9bce4b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's tough to get good pics of anything with LEDs, that's one of the things t5s have over LEDs for sure.

IMHO, no there not reef capable. You want a unit with 3watt individual LEDs, both white and blue. That unit used 1.5w whites and .25w blues, it's really just to view fish

Back
Top Bottom