Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow sorry to hear that man :(. Any hope of saving the bn?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Possibly, it's just a little bit of skeleton showing on the top, gonna get things back in check and then give it a few days. Might just have to cut off the tip

Well found the pom pom this morning, he was still alive but acting kinda weird so who knows. Going to a buddies to use his calibration fluid to check my refracto. Also picked up some floss, think I got to much?
img_2991430_0_1344434cb05f92b48a0da8d0b046f55a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Little more than 3 lbs for $9. Love this stuff my last bag lasted over 6 months, and that was on 5 tanks

Yep it's nice because I just throw it out each week during the weekly wc. Quick and easy, gotta love it.

Birds is still STNing, red acans aren't looking to hot, and the pom pom died yesterday :(. But everything else seems to be angry but healthy so it could be worse :eek:

That sucks about the pompom. I haven't seen mine In a while. I hope my pistol didn't get him.

Fish are friends not food!

Pistols paired with a goby tend to be a lot better behaved IME so I doubt it got the pom pom, hopefully it's just molting.

Yep it's nice because I just throw it out each week during the weekly wc. Quick and easy, gotta love it.

I do the same with pantyhose as socks. It works great for 39 cents for 2.

Also, don't get bummed about the pom pom. I had one in my 55 reef that I thought was dead, until I saw him taking a walk across the front of the tank months later. When they show up, it is a real treat.

Birds is still STNing, red acans aren't looking to hot, and the pom pom died yesterday :(. But everything else seems to be angry but healthy so it could be worse :eek:

Did you snip off the dying part on the bn? Sorry to hear about the Pom Pom :(. They're the coolest little guys

I haven't because the it's only the one spot, the back still has healthy tissue. I'm going to try moving it to the sand bed for a while first

Here's the worst of the damage coral wise

img_2993825_0_d071ea96d01026308259d0ac655bcb06.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

img_2993825_1_dfbde6dba230ca7b4f007e53c15b4cd5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And a happy pic, it's a goby hammock :)
img_2993825_2_d9132a5bdeb75ec29c70dbc6e22cff53.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awww look at the cute goby! Doesn't look to bad BigRed :) you have any clue why my zoas look like this? Just finished moving some rock around and don't know if it's because they are stressed or not?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405647281.867942.jpg

Are they always like that? Just look annoyed honestly, probably stirred up some stuff moving rocks. What are your params?

Just checked today actually. pH was 8.1, no ammonia or nitrites, nitrates are staying high at like 40...it's the dumb bioballs I think. And mag, cal, and alk are all in normal range as well

Yeah nitrates are pretty high, get some water and do a couple 50% changes ( day or 2 apart) and that should get you down to around 10ppm. I like to be lower than that still but 10 should be fine, a 3rd 50% change would get you to the 5ppm range which is where I prefer to be

Back
Top Bottom