Orange shoulder tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you guys know how long it will take before my sailfin and the orange shoulder need a bigger tank? I've had my sailfin for close to a year. He was tiny when I got him. He was in 100 galllon for a while. Just got the 150 Saturday and that's what they're in now. The orange shoulder was tiny. Maybe an inch to inch and half long. Will it at least be a couple years before they need a bigger tank?

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh ok great I've got plenty of time then

IMO, you want to upgrade long before any fish "outgrows" a tank. Tangs like lots of room to cruise around. They will appreciate the upgrade even if they are small.

Well I just upgraded to this 150. It'll probably be at least a year before I upgrade again. I tried to find a 240 closer to my budget. This was the cheapest I could find that was a decent bit bigger than my 100. Everyone around here sells tanks for ridiculously high prices. Most people are asking $700-1000 for a 125. I got this 150 with stand and lights and that's it for 400

Well I went ahead and passed on the orange shoulder tang. I felt bad leaving him there but he was kind of skinny. I asked the girl who was helping me if she knew how well he was eating and she just says uhhhh I don't know I'm not really a saltwater person. Then why are you helping me? So I got a barletts anthias to go with my ignitus anthias that I got at the petco sale. When he was at petco he was out swimming around hapilly but I think he's lonely and just stays in the corner most of the time in my quarantine tank so hopefully an anthias friend will make him happy

They like each other yay. Now my ignitus is out swimming with her. Pretty sure the barletts and ignitus are both females. The barletts is yellow with only a little pink on her sides and the ignitus is light orange with light pink on the top fin. Not as bright colored as pics of male ignitus I've seen

Back
Top Bottom