Oscar Experts...I need help..fish could be dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Oscar is having trouble....after a tank change into a 90gal from a 55gal the Oscar cracked the tank and it was leaking all over my room so I had to quickly move the fish backinto the 55gal that had been sitting outside in my backyard(I didn't have time to clean it) then about a week and a half later i got a 120 gal and moved hime into ththat tank as a replacement to the 90gal.

Well after all that It looks as if he has contracted Hole in the Head...i say this because the pictures I have seen in books look just like what he has. I treated the tank with "anti-parasite medicine" and have done water changes and have tried to vary his diet. I have large cichlid pellets and freeze dried krill...which he used to eat regularly. Ive also tried to introduce freeze dried crickets and frozen shiners. Now he never ate anything except the pellets and krill...he's a very picky eater.
through all this time (4-6 weeks) he has never regained his color and actually is a bit yellow along his underside....he never looked like this before. And now he hasn't eaten in 1-2 weeks. I thought he may be cositpated and tried the pea idea..he didn;t eat them. So now i think he may be starving to death....He about 3-4 yrs old and 10in long i really would like to save him....I need people who know this species to offer advice...can anyone help?

I have heard that soaking food in viatmins can really help. I am not an expert at all but that, at least from what I have read, seems to help. You should be able to buy liquid viatmin suppliments at pet stores. I assume you are keeping the Nitrates low with those water changes. That is good.

Back
Top Bottom