Oscarr's 20G Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bribo! Any idea what it is? Lol I'll definitely post some progress pictures once it colors up.

No clue haha but it looks like its gonna be really nice when it gets its color! Kinda hard to tell from the pic too what it could be

I'm gonna have to invest in a dslr and learn a little bit about photography lol

Lionfish is officially loose in the tank and my RBTA finally came out! It really seems to like the new acro haha

http://flic.kr/p/nESpTW

Started to frag the acro to distribute among fellow reefers :)

http://flic.kr/p/nETdxp

Finally, I might pick up a drilled 40 breeder, stand, and plumbing for 60$. I'm not sure if I'm going to use the 40 as a frag tank or upgrade my current tank and use the 20 as the frag tank. Anyway, the reason I want a frag tank is that I'm trying to start a small coral frag business from my home. I've been talking to other businesses and such for information on permits, importation, etc. It's a long road to being set in stone but it's something I really wanna venture into. I'm actually starting off locally and see if I can get my hands on some rare or nice colonies I can distribute to fellow reefers. Once I see that I'm making enough income to support the hobby, I might actually invest in a big or several mid sized frag tanks and a website. :)

Lionfish is officially loose in the tank and my RBTA finally came out! It really seems to like the new acro haha

http://flic.kr/p/nESpTW

Started to frag the acro to distribute among fellow reefers :)

http://flic.kr/p/nETdxp

Finally, I might pick up a drilled 40 breeder, stand, and plumbing for 60$. I'm not sure if I'm going to use the 40 as a frag tank or upgrade my current tank and use the 20 as the frag tank. Anyway, the reason I want a frag tank is that I'm trying to start a small coral frag business from my home. I've been talking to other businesses and such for information on permits, importation, etc. It's a long road to being set in stone but it's something I really wanna venture into. I'm actually starting off locally and see if I can get my hands on some rare or nice colonies I can distribute to fellow reefers. Once I see that I'm making enough income to support the hobby, I might actually invest in a big or several mid sized frag tanks and a website. :)

I've been looking into starting a frag tank for a very long time now... It's how I I actually wanted to get into the hobby. I didn't want to venture all the way into making a profit though. I'd just like to make enough to support my hobby like you said.... I will be watching. I'd say leave the 20 and turn the 40 into a frag tank. It's a better footprint for one.

I know I really wanna do this but I'm scared I'll invest into something that wont have the turn around i'd expect.

I know I really wanna do this but I'm scared I'll invest into something that wont have the turn around i'd expect.

People always want coral. As long as you can grow healthy frags im sure it will produce what your looking for. Good luck if you go down that path.

Well Its starting to look like this fantasy is starting to turn into reality :D I got news from someone who can hook me up with several wholesalers! I mean, it's all not finalized yet but everything should be confirmed in the following weeks.

I'll be getting my equipment later this week which is a 40 breeder, stand, sump, marineland return pump, and a SWC Xtreme Cone 160 skimmer. All I'd be missing would be powerheads and lighting. I'm thinking a WP-25 or two and radions.

And thanks cichlid dude!

Bribo, I'd gladly sell some coral to you haha :D

Picked up the tank yesterday and I'm really happy! It came with a lot of extras and the tank is practically ready to run. Unfortunately, the stand didn't fit in my car so I'll have to go back to pick it up later this week. I'm unsure if I'm going make a build thread yet, maybe when it's all said and done. Although, I can occasionally update here if you guys would like.

Anyway, I'll be posting some update pictures of my 20 so we can get back on track :)

Very nice pics man! Love the big acro and super green torch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks bribo! They're going fast haha

If I had room in my tank I'd get one :). They're awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom