oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my oscars are laying there eggs as i speak. it is very interesting to watch because as one lays the eggs the other then swoops down and fertilizes them then goes away and they do it all over again. nature sure is cool.

one yea one more thing I meant to ask, what size tank do you have the oscars in and what else is in it?

i have a 75 gallon and the two oscars and a pleco are the only things in there. some people say 75 is to small but mine are full grown and don't seem to mind.

they hatched today. :BIG: it happened while i was at work. haha. i left them in the main tank because i wasn't sure if they would hatch or not. so now i guess if they don't eat them i will try to get another tank set up and see if i can't raise these little guys. if it doesn't work out this month there is always next month.

Congratulations - please keep the updates coming so we can share your excitement. A kind of baby oscar diary - or an aquariam advice story.

thank you guys for all the help. it's funny to watch my oscars. they are so protective. any time i step into the room they are there to protect there fry. the only time they stop coming after me is when i have food for them then they realize i'm friendly and they let me pet them for a second or two and it's right back to the bottom. they have also dug their holes all over the tank and the took all the fry and slid them under the rock so you can't see them very well. very funny to watch.

Pretty cool and congrats,

Being cichlids and being very paternal (sp?) they will do everything in their power to protect babies. My Jaguars do the same thing.

Really cool to watch. Enjoy.

Congrats!

Don't know anything about oscar fry, what do you feed them? how much? how often?

Just curious.

Mainly infusoria when the egg sac is gone. After that you can feed them brine or flake(IMHO brine is better). I normally fed mine 2 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom