Overcrowding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,
So i have a 20 gallon long ( 60 L) planted aquarium and well i want to add some corydora julii as i am only left with one now.
I currently have 4 neon tetras, 4 rummy nose tetras, 2 male guppies, 3 female bettas, a khuli loach, a hillstream loach and 1 cory julii. How many more do you think i can add without overcrowding?

While i wouldn't say you are overcrowded, i would question your stocking.

Those tetras are better kept in larger groups than 4. It would be better to pick one type and have 8, rather than 4 of each.

Same can be said for the loaches and corys, 3 or 4 loaches and 6 corys. Pick 1 and up the numbers.

I dont have experience of keeping female bettas, but have read that they need space to keep out of each others way, and 60 litres doesn't give them that.

If you really want to keep all those fish together then getting a bigger tank and upping the numbers would be a good idea. They will be much healthier and happier in bigger groups.

Hello,yes i know about my tetras i have had some unfortunate losses. I wasn't aware about the khuli loaches (pet store said 1 was fine). My female bettas are all from one tank so they get along (i made sure before getting them) do you think if i add 2 more of each slowly it would be enough or is 8 more fish too much

Back
Top Bottom