Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nostromo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is almost cycled now, I did put up a post awhile back with help with fish. I am still going with Bolivian rams I will be getting 2 of them. Decided against Boesemani Rainbows, as they get really big and need lots of room to swim in and putting them into my 55 gallon tank I think is to small for them. So I am going for 6 Black Phantom Tetras and one Anglefish plus the 2 rams , do you think my 55 gallon tank will be overcrowded with this number of fish? Thanks

I think you will be fine. Might consider a small school of Cory Cats and with proper aquascaping maybe 2 or 3 more Bolivians.

I'd skip the single Angelfish as they are much happier in groups and a single one is likely to be aggressive. Maybe add another half dozen of another tetra species instead. Doesn't seem to be overcrowded at all.

I was told that if I got 2 anglefish one would be aggressive to the other plus if they become a breeding pair they would be aggressive towards the other fish in the tank, that's why I thought one would be okay in a community tank, but if say that is not a good idea then I will put something else in

That's not true. Angelfish are cichlids and they are often aggressive, but not always. The aggression usually isn't serious anyway. One fish of a species is usually not a good idea in general. (BTW, it's angelfish, not anglefish.)

Back
Top Bottom