Painting room with tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
How will I paint a room with a tank in it? I'm not going to be able to move it out of the room though

emerald76 said:
How will I paint a room with a tank in it? I'm not going to be able to move it out of the room though

You could lower the water level then move it or put Dolly's under the stand or whatever it is on move it a little and paint behind it then move it back.

I actually just painted and had to move my 55gal. What I did I bought a 20 gal tank for 10$ on Craig's list as a holding tank. Used the water from 55 gal to fill 20 gal so fish wouldn't get to upset. Then emptied 55 gal completely and gave her a good scrub. Painted and replaced

I painted the walls in my old apartment with my tank set up. I used tarps to cover it and wrapped some duct tape around the base to keep it on tight. I ran some fans and a dehumidifier to help keep the smell down and help the paint dry faster. I had no issues or deaths.

We just covered out tank with plastic while we painted and had good air flow through the room as it dried. Everything was fine.

I should say just draped with plastic, not like we duck taped it up! hahah!

I should say just draped with plastic, not like we duck taped it up! hahah!

As a self proclaimed duct tape king, you can always use more duct tape! :)

I had lots of fans blowing and didn't want my drop cloths blowing off and in the water. Also, I didn't have a center brace (30g) so I didn't want it sagging into the tank(open top).

I had to repaint my stand once. My tank looked like a Christmas present. I wrapped it in newspaper and tarps and then duct taped everything. Make sure there are no holes where fumes could get in. Also- keep windows open if possible and use a fan to circulate the fumes out of the room. There is also a type of paint that does not emit any fumes. It's low or zero voc or something like that.

Yes zero VOC paint is a must for anyone who has young children or pets, IMO.

I agree with the zero VOC paint. we have both kids and pets! and as always, MORE DUCK TAPE! hahahahaa

Back
Top Bottom