Panda family photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm working on it. Nitrate soared to 80ppm! don't really know why... Did 90% water change over 48 hrs but still about 40%. Added seachem de nitrate to canister and that is helping... total loss - 3 Cory's ;(

Hope nitrate,s come down for you, sorry about your corys :(

Hi sorry to hear about your corie:( As for your nitrates,first course of action would be check your tap water just in case that is the source? If not then try and give the tank a nice general syphon allover just to try an remove as much muck as possible,also check your filters are not too mucky? Then cut sown the feeding by half,add some polyfilter and good luck also happy new year:)

I have cleaned and recleaned the gravel. And then recleaned. I have a lot of bottom feeders and I guess I do over feed , I just want to be sure everyone gets their share !!!'

When I seen him sat on the rock it just looked like he's sat there thinking "I'am the king of the world" lol

image-884828693.jpg

@stu - why do they get that 'big' belly! One of mine has that? What is it?

I don't know my gf was asking that today cos the other one doesn't have a belly like that, I thought it was just getting fat and said said it might be pregnant, but like I said I don't have a clue, I don't know if it's male or female, maybe someone on here can tell us what it is,
Any ideas anyone??

It could mean it's a female. Out of my eight pandas I have 3 females which is a good number for spawning.

You must be doing somethin right, thats one healthy lookin c. trilineus. I would have to agree on those rounded corys being females full of eggs.

@bkiggy
Has your nitrate levels gone down for you yet?

He's beautiful! I use to have 4 of them :)

Thanks,he seems quite happy on his own,so ive had to re-cycle my tank and thats why ive not got my Betta,he is a toughy as he survived a mini cycle bless him,he did have some cory habrosus mates but i lost them in mini cycle :'(.
So im goin get a Crowntail Betta and see how the Betta gets on with him then if all ok i may then get a few cory habrosus again cos love them little cuties too :)

You must be doing somethin right, thats one healthy lookin c. trilineus. I would have to agree on those rounded corys being females full of eggs.

@bkiggy
Has your nitrate levels gone down for you yet?

Do they lay eggs then not fry?
My guppy has just had some fry's on New Year's Day so I have them in the breeding box, so if you are right and she does have some baby's will they be ok in the breeding box all together?

Do they lay eggs then not fry?
My guppy has just had some fry's on New Year's Day so I have them in the breeding box, so if you are right and she does have some baby's will they be ok in the breeding box all together?

Yep, they lay eggs. My albinos laid more yesterday, haven't been lucky enough to have fry :)

Back
Top Bottom