Par38?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bduni50

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I have read that you folks have had good results with the par38 lights on smaller tanks. I have a 30gallon tank. It's 36x12x12. How many fixtures should I get? I want de able to grow any coral. Not planing on clams. Also what are the better brands out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

2 should do the trick. I would choose between either reefkoi.com or coralcompulsion.com

Par38s are recommended for 10g tanks. You'd need at least two of the very big ones to cover the length of your tank. Not worth it IMO. Will get to be $250+most likely.

If you really want too.
The coral compulsion 16 LED ones, get two. Will run you about $120 a piece. You can buy the goosenecks, or an architects lamp.
Each Par38 of these will cover 16" of space...

Ya, was just looking at that. Think I will have to do the TaoTronics LEDs. Seems to be best option for my tank.

There's also the possibility of Kessil. Bulk Reef Supply has the A350 for $300. It would give you more than enough power and can be used on a larger tank if more modules are added.

And Reefbreeders. There's plenty of options that are better and possibly cheaper.

Also checking the for sale forums on reef central and nano reef. I just got a used Radion for $250.

Back
Top Bottom