Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! Saltwater in general has been a journey, still not near the end of the path though. ;)

I love that flowering pulsing Xiena I always wanted one but always forget to order it
that tank is getting nicer and nicer no doubt

I love that flowering pulsing Xiena I always wanted one but always forget to order it
that tank is getting nicer and nicer no doubt

Thanks seaweed! The pulsing xenia is a nice looking coral. It grows very well though. I keep mine separated from the main rock. Frag it often for instore credit.

Nice tank ??! One day I'll take a dive into the salty side! For now, I'll look in awe at tanks like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Picked up a couple Acro frags today. I'll try to get some photos of them tomorrow. Just put them into the DT and it's lights out.

Here are some photos of the new Acro frags I picked up yesterday.

t1cYkb3.jpg

JCf6AwC.jpg

And a clam that has been in my tank for a long time now and has finally became visible to me again.
HMfAQ0H.jpg

Updated FTS (actinic)
SQMuSdo.jpg

Blackline Blenny
lf2eVWb.jpg

Here are some photos of the new Acro frags I picked up yesterday.

t1cYkb3.jpg

JCf6AwC.jpg

And a clam that has been in my tank for a long time now and has finally became visible to me again.
HMfAQ0H.jpg

Updated FTS (actinic)
SQMuSdo.jpg

Blackline Blenny
lf2eVWb.jpg

Nice, man! What camera do you use?

Any ID'S on the acros? Can't wait to see what the first looks like when it settles down

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Absolutely stunning video and photos Paul as always! Your tank is incredible. Sorry my comments are always all the same but the only words I'm coming up with are.. Wow! :)

Thanks everyone! No ID on either of the Acros yet. I think the first one will color up nicely over time though.

that clam looks awesome covered in polyps makes it more natural,
how long has he been hiding

Not sure, I remember seeing it before on a different rock and found it when I separated those zoas from the main rock. Kinda surprised that the linkia hasn't tried eating it.

Say hello to the new tank mate just added today. The melanurus wrasse. Dove start into the sand upon entry. LOL. I've always really liked the wrasse and are good reef predators. I think this guy will add alot movement to the tank once he becomes comfortable, and keep my coral safe. I also picked up some LRS Reef Frenzy which I have been wanting to try for a while now. Fed the tank tonight and everything seemed to really love it. Hopefully I'll get some photos of the new guy soon. All I have is this very bad cell pic of him for now.

w7mW05o.jpg

9a1VYom.jpg

Nice choice of wrasse Paul! Mine is always on the move and is constantly hunting between the rock work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melanurus are awesome and great eaters! Unlike dang leopards. My friends used to eat out of his hand. Such cool fish!

Melanurus are awesome and great eaters! Unlike dang leopards. My friends used to eat out of his hand. Such cool fish!

Thanks guys! I may have to try to hand feed him as he adjusts to everything. That wood be pretty neat. I just hope that he gets along with the orchid dottyback. He is alot bigger than the Dottyback but the last added.

Say hello to the new tank mate just added today. The melanurus wrasse. Dove start into the sand upon entry. LOL. I've always really liked the wrasse and are good reef predators. I think this guy will add alot movement to the tank once he becomes comfortable, and keep my coral safe. I also picked up some LRS Reef Frenzy which I have been wanting to try for a while now. Fed the tank tonight and everything seemed to really love it. Hopefully I'll get some photos of the new guy soon. All I have is this very bad cell pic of him for now.

w7mW05o.jpg

9a1VYom.jpg

Nice looking wrasse Paul. He is very colorful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom