Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have heard that torches dont ship well. A local lfs has the same problem with the torches he gets in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Picked up my first wall euphyllia today. A wall frogspawn! I'll try to get a photo up tomorrow.

Got a new cell phone as well which takes pretty decent photos. Here is the new wall frog taken with HTC one m9.

Nc5IDJM.jpg

Quick tank scroll video with phone.
https://youtu.be/e65m7L-ScPE

Nice pick up Paul. Do the wall Euphyllias take up more calcium? Just curious.

Thanks. Not sure on that, but they do seem to have more skeleton so its a good possibility.

hope you have better luck than I did mine lasted a week , was beautiful before it just died off was fine never showed any signs of stress shut lights off to put fish to bed next morn the coral was dead no warning at all now I just stay with the branching type they seem to like me better , mine was a hammer I am seeing coral on the decline lately especially from the east coast , nothing looks as good as they should , now I'm holding off for a while to give it time for things to improve
As for calcium I don't think there any different than the branching type so they should be ok with whatever calcium is in the tank from water changes

hope you have better luck than I did mine lasted a week , was beautiful before it just died off was fine never showed any signs of stress shut lights off to put fish to bed next morn the coral was dead no warning at all now I just stay with the branching type they seem to like me better , mine was a hammer I am seeing coral on the decline lately especially from the east coast , nothing looks as good as they should , now I'm holding off for a while to give it time for things to improve
As for calcium I don't think there any different than the branching type so they should be ok with whatever calcium is in the tank from water changes

Well its been in the display at my buddy's LFS for about a month now. Its never changed from how it looks now. Hopefully I get the color out of it like my old branching frogspawn that I miss. I know what you mean about the decline in coral lately.

My old branching frogspawn. Grew from a single head.
YmQFKwR.jpg

irqnlTi.jpg

Those Zoas are awesome Paul! I've really been struggling with mine in my tank lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those Zoas are awesome Paul! I've really been struggling with mine in my tank lately.

Thanks man. The red dragon eyed completely disappeared and they where a good size patch!

Looking great! I have never seen that type of euphylia before, very cool!

Thanks! It's rare I see a wall frogspawn in my area. Usually the only walls I can find are hammers.

Beautiful photos Paul. I have a hard time getting the colors to come out under the actinic lights.

Beautiful photos Paul. I have a hard time getting the colors to come out under the actinic lights.

Gel sheets is the secret. About to have to order some. The one I have is buffed up pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom