Peppermint Missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KLehman72

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok guys,

Here's my dilemma, on two separate occasions I have purchased a handful of peppermint shrimp. I have drip acclimated them and introduced them into my reef. They are fine and active, but by the next day they are all gone! I don't know what is happening to them. Nobody is picking on them when I introduce them but clearly, someones eating peppermint shrimp! Any ideas?

I have:
1 Yellow Tang
1 Pacific Regal Tang
2 Blue Green Reef Chromis
1 Yellow Tailed Blue Damsel
2 Lyretail Dartfish
1 Percula Clown
2 Six Line Wrasse
A handful of hermits
A bunch of asst snails
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
And of course, assorted corals

HELP!

I had a similar issue with cleaner shrimp in my 125g, the tangs are suspect as well as my watchman goby.. I've read tangs can pick at them, but I havent seen any examples of it...

I was going to put a couple of peppermint shrimp in with a coral banded shrimp until I did enough research and decided it wouldn't be a good idea.

Could be any of those suggested. The damsel is also a possibility. I got 2 in my 150g forgeting about my grouper. Gone in a half hour.

Ya. Hes the most probable, but pretty much anything couldve done that. I wouldnt get anymore if I were you.

Yeah...I'm done. I lost a $20 Cleaner Shrimp and $70 in Peppermints. My wife is jealous...I spent more on a dinner for the Coral Banded Shrimp than I did for her! Lol

Don't feel bad, I lost five cleaner shrimp and a couple peppermints in my 125g, since I don't know who the culprit is i can't add anymore, it would just be silly and mean to the shrimp. :-(

Back
Top Bottom