PH 7.6--Sparkling Gouramis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
My water is considered neutral/hard, although I can't find a report online for some reason. I don't know the dh, but the PH is 7.6. Any chance of me keeping Sparkling Gouramis?

My water is considered neutral/hard, although I can't find a report online for some reason. I don't know the dh, but the PH is 7.6. Any chance of me keeping Sparkling Gouramis?

Mine are quite happy and thriving in my 7.5 ph (y)

Honestly pH is a non issue unless you're dealing with wild caught, insanely sensitive fish or drastic pH differences/needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've had mine for a while, very pretty fish. What size tank will they be going in?

And if you don't mind me asking, who are you ordering from?

They will be going into a 20 gallon that already holds 4 Peacock Gudgeons and 5 Habrosus cories. I'm also getting 4 Skunk Cories for that tank in the same order as the Sparklers. I get my fish from Bob's Tropical Plants and Fish, here in Calif. I get them overnight, because we live in the same state. The shipping is super reasonable too! So I feel very blessed.

They will be going into a 20 gallon that already holds 4 Peacock Gudgeons and 5 Habrosus cories. I'm also getting 4 Skunk Cories for that tank in the same order as the Sparklers. I get my fish from Bob's Tropical Plants and Fish, here in Calif. I get them overnight, because we live in the same state. The shipping is super reasonable too! So I feel very blessed.

Nice! I've ordered from Bob's a few times, actually just had an order shipped yesterday. Takes a bit longer being across the country though.

Hope you enjoy the gouramis, very pretty fish!

Thank you! I am excited to get them. I will post pics when I get them. What was in your order? I'm nosy when it comes to fish! LOL

That's ok! This is a smallish order: a few plants, some red rili shrimp, and some yellow shrimp. Hoping it arrives today or tomorrow.

Definitely post pics (y)

Got my order today. Good color shrimp, no DOAs. Working on the plants later.

How do you like the shrimp? I used to have RCS and miss them. That's great that yours have good color! Yay!

Got my Skunk Cories, halfbeak and Sparklers today. I didn't have any DOAs either. I heard the Sparklers are shy and that I probably wouldn't see them for a while. Well, I was watching the tank closely, not even looking for them as they were hiding in the floating bamboo. I was watching the Skunk cories and how they shoal more tightly than the Hasbrosus. Then I saw something in the bamboo and kept watching. Sure enough, both of the Sparklers were swimming around. I was thrilled. Later they even came out and explored the tank, apparently used to people looking in at them, lol. Everyone is settling in but I'm worried I'll lose the halfbeak. He didn't eat when everyone else did, and I've already lost two of them. If I'd had my wits about me, I would have applied my store credit to another fish than to have the halfbeak replaced. They must not like my conditions, or the shipping was just too stressful. But maybe this one will live. I can only hope. I like the looks of the. I just want to make him happy. I wish fish could talk! I'll try to get some pics tomorrow when I turn their tank light back on.

How do you like the shrimp? I used to have RCS and miss them. That's great that yours have good color! Yay!

Got my Skunk Cories, halfbeak and Sparklers today. I didn't have any DOAs either. I heard the Sparklers are shy and that I probably wouldn't see them for a while. Well, I was watching the tank closely, not even looking for them as they were hiding in the floating bamboo. I was watching the Skunk cories and how they shoal more tightly than the Hasbrosus. Then I saw something in the bamboo and kept watching. Sure enough, both of the Sparklers were swimming around. I was thrilled. Later they even came out and explored the tank, apparently used to people looking in at them, lol. Everyone is settling in but I'm worried I'll lose the halfbeak. He didn't eat when everyone else did, and I've already lost two of them. If I'd had my wits about me, I would have applied my store credit to another fish than to have the halfbeak replaced. They must not like my conditions, or the shipping was just too stressful. But maybe this one will live. I can only hope. I like the looks of the. I just want to make him happy. I wish fish could talk! I'll try to get some pics tomorrow when I turn their tank light back on.

How many gouramis did you get? I haven't found them to be overly shy either, maybe it depends on tank mates.

No experience with halfbeaks, sorry you're having bad luck with them.

Looking forward to photos!

I only got two Sparklers. I have read conflicting info about them fighting/getting along, so with only two, I can always put one in my endler tank if it comes down to that. First pic is the halfbeak. (Very hard to photograph). The other two are of the sparklers. Not good pics at all, but they're still a little flighty. You can see in the blurry pic that they are starting to color up a little (a bit of a blue sheen).

024.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom