Phosphate issues... on going :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Tank is looking great! No joke! keep up the good work.

Those phosphates will eventually impact the corals though so i would get a handle on them now. You have the media racks in the cube right? Are you running chemipure elite? That has GFO in it and will suck up the phosphates. You can also add a little bag of phosguard or rowa phos to the filtration.

Yea I have the media rack and I have chemi pure in chamber 1. Filter floss, purigen and chaeto in the rack. Just added phosguard in chamber 1 also and and a piece of phosphate removal pad the green type pad. Tested and now it's 0.25. So I'm happy for now.

And thanks!! Carey I'm trying!! :)

You have chemipure OR chemipure elite? Only the elite has the gfo in it. And yep, running phosguard and the filter pad can knock your phosphates down really quick. I can remove over 1.0 of phosphates in my 125g by just running the gfo reactor overnight. lol

carey said:
You have chemipure OR chemipure elite? Only the elite has the gfo in it. And yep, running phosguard and the filter pad can knock your phosphates down really quick. I can remove over 1.0 of phosphates in my 125g by just running the gfo reactor overnight. lol

Well that would explain the reduction on phosphates so quickly. And chemi elite I use in chamber 1.

Now that you are at 0 you should remove everything but the chemielite in my opinion. You are starting at 0 so everything you put in your tank should be monitored now. You can find the source of the phosphates then and not have to rely on soo many things to drop the levels. :)

carey said:
Now that you are at 0 you should remove everything but the chemielite in my opinion. You are starting at 0 so everything you put in your tank should be monitored now. You can find the source of the phosphates then and not have to rely on soo many things to drop the levels. :)

Ok I'll take everything out but the elite and see what happens.

The gfo in the elite should be enough to keep you phates low for at least a month. But it's when you add excessive ones that the gfo can't keep up.

That's interesting to say the least. But it doesn't help my phosphate reading of 5.0 almost 10.

I mentioned it more for control than repair. Others in here are more experienced at getting levels down fast, and I see Carey helped you do just that. I brought it up because macro algae do eat phosphates, so they can be good for keeping levels consistently low. There are also some very pretty kinds that can be grown in the DT.

Back
Top Bottom