Pics of my first reef, 3 gal Picotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kewl tank, i have a similar one but the acrilic is all scratched up everywhere. mine has almost nothing in it as well. nice looking pico. any1 have any suggestions on how to remove scratches from acrilic?(i can drain the tank if i gotta).
Thanks and nice tank!

:DThanks for the compliments. I REALLY enjoy this tank. I have a huge appreciation for the investment some of you put into your larger reef tanks. I'm having to force myself to take it slow and enjoy the build, as I get excited in the LFS and want to buy one of everything.:D

Joey,
Beautiful pico tank! I'm working backwards from you. I have a 29 gallon but won a pico in a raffle this summer. I haven't been sure what to do with it but your pics have inspired me to start. After all, what's one more fish tank! (If anyone is counting, the pico would be 6 - hubby is going to have a stroke. I'm not counting my son's bargain - the 175 gallon tank that is empty at the moment until he has money). I'm sure I can just borrow a few frags from my sons' tanks that I'm caring for - a small fee for my maintenance of 4 tanks!

Joey,
Beautiful pico tank! I'm working backwards from you. I have a 29 gallon but won a pico in a raffle this summer. I haven't been sure what to do with it but your pics have inspired me to start. After all, what's one more fish tank! (If anyone is counting, the pico would be 6 - hubby is going to have a stroke. I'm not counting my son's bargain - the 175 gallon tank that is empty at the moment until he has money). I'm sure I can just borrow a few frags from my sons' tanks that I'm caring for - a small fee for my maintenance of 4 tanks!

Thanks for the kind words.6 tanks, water change day around your house must be CRAZY:bowl:. I once had a 29, I loved that size . I was actually looking for a 29 when I found the 37 for my daughter. I really hope you set up your Pico, they look very nice, and as you said, borrow a few frags form other tanks, heck, borrow a few pounds of LR and your set. I have mine set up in the kitchen. My wife is so "into" my pico she wants her own 24 nano to put in the bedroom to fill with inverts and corals. Let us know when you get your Pico up and running.

Updated photos, it's been a while since I started this thread.

Attachments

• aqu n soccer011 (Small).jpg
    aqu n soccer011 (Small).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 78
  • aqu n soccer015 (Small).jpg
    aqu n soccer015 (Small).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 69
  • aqu n soccer017 (Small).jpg
    aqu n soccer017 (Small).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom