Pisces Pro Acclimator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there has been some talk of the drip method of acclimating your fish to your water in the Fresh Water General Discussion section in the Discus Discussion thread.. the kit looks like its alot more than what is nessiasary in my opinion for what it does.. a peace of airline tubing with a knot in it will do right about the same thing.. JMHO though....
It does look like it would be easier though and it isnt that expensive..

All I use is airline with an air valve at the end of the drip line. Just start the syphon, put the valve on, and adjust the drip. No knots to have to deal with, and I have great control over the drip itself. IMO, a waste of $10 :wink:

oh well that sounds better lol :D.. i didnt know what kinda valve to put there instead of knot or whatever.. that sounds good tho.. thx :p

ahh .. where does it connect to... the middle of a airline { just cut and stick the ends in.. ? } or the end of one ?....... im sure its not exactly hard to figure out .. just like buggin ya :p

kukki said:
just like buggin ya :p

hah! Kudos for making me laugh. :lol:

Kay... there's only two parts to this whole machine. All you have to do is get yourself some airline tubing. I like about 6' so that I can have the fish bucket on the floor if needed. Then just get an airline valve. The bare end goes into the tank under water, while the valve end will eventually just sit in the bucket controlling the drip.

The way I start it... just suck the air out of the airline, and as it starts to flow, stick the air valve on and let the valve hang right over the bucket dripping. Then just adjust how much water flows through by screwing in or out the valve (depending on which one you get). Simple as can be! :D

Back
Top Bottom