Pistol shrimp ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Supra

Aquarium Advice Freak
Purchased a pistol/ goby combo. The pistol went right into a hole in my live rock and as far as I know has not come out even to eat. It's been three days should I just be patient? Really looking forward to the relationship with goby. Thanks In advance
Supra

Does your Goby eat? I never feed my pistol, just my yasha Goby. The Goby will share its food and the pistol will scavenge at night; or at least mine does. And I see my Goby a lot more than I see the Pistol.

Yes the goby hangs out and eats, but the pistol just sits in that hole. I'm not sure if he comes out at night. I was hoping they were gonna hang together. I don't think the goby knows he's there.
Supra

That's a nice fish, bad fish.

So they aren't near the same hole? Mine took a few days to meet, but no that they have they are inseparable. Maybe some pellets by the shrimp hole to lure them together, but I wouldn't worry too much.

My shrimp will sometimes come out at feeding time, if he's near the mouth of his hole, but feeding them isn't necessary.

yeah thats a sweet looking goby, makes my yellow watchman look so boring x)

when my fish gets separated they usually magically find themselves after a day or two, 40 gallon tank

I also have a Yasha and candy cane shrimp. Love it. I was lucky and they paired right away. But be patient and can take awhile. They will find each other. I thought my pair died then 2 months later I found them both on my sump. The shrimp I'm sure is finding food. But sometimes I cut a partial frozen cube and stick down his burrow before it is thawed out. He will take the whole piece into his burrow. I'm sure food for a week.

I also don't see my shrimp unless goby is out and it took almost a year to see them on a regular basis. Now they come out whenever I feed. Also still very skittish.

image-767298843.jpg

I have a that seems to have paired with a fire fish has anyone ever seen this I have look every where online and in book but nothing

Those are some nice gobies, well that's good to know hopefully mine will find each other.
Supra

Back
Top Bottom