Plant advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicolahuds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank has been planted for a couple of days and i have noticed some of the leaves aren't looking very good could anyone advise if this is normal while the plants settle or do i have a problem??

Attachments

• IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 86
I'm posting on your other thread where you have the tags with the plants listed.

Last edited:
What other thread is that? Id like to follow this thread cuz I also have some plants looking a little rough after a year. Someone please post "where" this thread is located.
Thanx.

Most all plants will melt when you move them. Different water.

Thanks boadams, there looks like some new growth so hopfully all will be ok fingers crossed.

could anyone tell me what i could put in the tank to help the plants, i have flourite sand and gravel mix, i dont have co2 so any suggestions other than this would be much appreciated :)

nicolahuds said:
Thanks boadams, there looks like some new growth so hopfully all will be ok fingers crossed.

could anyone tell me what i could put in the tank to help the plants, i have flourite sand and gravel mix, i dont have co2 so any suggestions other than this would be much appreciated :)

Use seachem comprehensive

I don't know what fertilizers you have available but what would help is if you could get a fertilizer (dry or liquid) of macro nutrients (K-N-P) and micro nutrients. Plus since you don't have CO2 you could use a liquid carbon like Flourish Excel which will also aid in plant growth. And root tablet fertilizers would help also since your substrate is inert.

Coming along

Hi everyone so its been a while since posting and i thought i'd post a picture of my tank now its been rearranged and my plants have started growing, i have changed the outlet for a spray bar and am dosing daily with seachem excel and every three days with complete, i have also started adding a small ammount of iron to help with my alternanthera reinecki pink as it was starting to change in colour and not growing very well. I have added 9 flame tetras and 3 ottos which are a pleasure to watch swimming round the tank

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom