Plant Beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leatherback1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so right now I have a 10 gallon tank.I would like to add live plants, but I have no idea whatsoever of how to care for plants what you need for them what the benefits are,and if it will affect my fish. Any help please? Just explain the main idea behind plants or moss

Well in my opinion I just think it looks better than fake ones and I'm not to sure what all the benefits of having them are but if you plan on getting some it would be best to start with beginner plants such as java fern that doesn't take much work at all and java moss is also a good choice

Well in my opinion I just think it looks better than fake ones and I'm not to sure what all the benefits of having them are but if you plan on getting some it would be best to start with beginner plants such as java fern that doesn't take much work at all and java moss is also a good choice

So all i have to do is add it to my tank?no other important things i should know

What type of substrate do you have in your tank? Also, when you plant any type of plant you want to cover the roots/ bottom with the grave or sand. Then, when you clean your tank be careful not to uproot your plants or they might die. I have a 10 gallon tank that I try to keep planted but my fish eat most of the plants- especially spears.

I just put my java ferns in my tank so they were in the gravel and weren't floating to the top and java moss will be good with you just putting it in your tank and since they don't call for anything special they don't need much work other than a trimming when they get out of hand...but if those aren't the plants you want then I'm not to sure the only other plant I have is cambomba and an amazon sword which are doing good in my tanks without anything special as well just enough light and they seem to bee doing fine other than the fact that my tank is a little to short for them

I just put my java ferns in my tank so they were in the gravel and weren't floating to the top and java moss will be good with you just putting it in your tank and since they don't call for anything special they don't need much work other than a trimming when they get out of hand...but if those aren't the plants you want then I'm not to sure the only other plant I have is cambomba and an amazon sword which are doing good in my tanks without anything special as well just enough light and they seem to bee doing fine other than the fact that my tank is a little to short for them

Great!so for java fern all i have to do is add it to my 10 gallon tank (no dirt or anything, just gravel)

Yah thats what I did...and I got it when I still had my betta in a little critter carrier and it did perfectly fine in there with just gravel and not much light and it's still doing great even better now actually...and I have java fern windelov and regular java fern

Lately I've been researching this cool plant called java moss and there are a lot of really cool,easy ways to DIY for a carpet of moss or covering a wall.Do you have any advice on this plant ?

I have some java moss in both of my tanks and it really is a great addition to any tank I think...now about the ground cover and wall cover I have not done either of those but I have attached it to my drift wood and I have a little coconut hut in my six gallon that I put some java moss on and a java fern on top

image-3694166900.jpg

You can see it in this pic it's on the left side of the tank...you can really do anything with java moss and it's super easy to take care of it seems like no matter what happens to it it won't die...I have had some turn yellow but it sprouted new green little pieces so I would deffinatley recommend it

image-1467793494.jpg

And you can see iron my drift wood in this tank much better

Ok I've decided to add java moss to my tank and do a DIY java moss carpet it's gonna make my tank look so cool!!:)

Ohh ok yah that would make your tank much more interesting

Back
Top Bottom