Plant identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alinewfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got a piece of driftwood with two different plants attached to it.

IMG_5943.jpgIMG_5947.jpg

(Sorry abt my reflection haha)

Does anyone know what species they are?

Can I also plant them in my substrate instead, so the leaves don't stick out of my tank?

The plant in the lower photo, right side is a rhyzone plant, probably some sort of a java fern. Rhyzone plants do much better when attached to driftwood or a rock. Planting in the substrate not a good idea. As for the other plant, I couldn't see a rhyzone, but since it also was attached it probably is one. It might be an anubius, there are so many varieties. These types are usually low light plants and are easy to care for.
Many fellow AA members are quite knowlegable in this area, I'm sure you will get a positive I'D. Good luck.

The plant in the lower photo, right side is a rhyzone plant, probably some sort of a java fern. Rhyzone plants do much better when attached to driftwood or a rock. Planting in the substrate not a good idea. As for the other plant, I couldn't see a rhyzone, but since it also was attached it probably is one. It might be an anubius, there are so many varieties. These types are usually low light plants and are easy to care for.

Many fellow AA members are quite knowlegable in this area, I'm sure you will get a positive I'D. Good luck.

Thank you so much!

Yep right side is trident Java fern and the other maybe some sort of Brazilian sword??

Yep right side is trident Java fern and the other maybe some sort of Brazilian sword??

Yea I thought it was a sword too but I still wanted to be certain before I planted it in my substrate

Back
Top Bottom