Plant in Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TTUHoopsFans

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two live plants in my betta tank, see picture attached. I forget the name of these, I believe the one on the left is some type of sword and maybe the one on the right is a shorter type of sword. I got them at North Dallas Aquarium. Anyways, the one on the left seems to be doing well, while the one on the right is turning yellow on the outer leaves. Should I remove the yellowing leaves and stems? The guy at the shop said the plants have to get used to the new water / tank, so some leaves might die but it will eventually grow new ones... just wanted to get advice on this. Thanks.

Attachments

• Plants in betta tank.jpg
    Plants in betta tank.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 87
The guy from the store advised you correctly. Aquarium plants are generally grown immersed before sale rather than submerged and will usually take some time to get accustomed to its new conditions. Its possible you can lose all the old leafs to melt, but new growth should be more healthy. Are you seeing any new growth?

I would remove any melted leafs as far down as you can get to ensure that nutrients are going to new growth rather than trying sustain dying leafs.

The guy from the store advised you correctly. Aquarium plants are generally grown immersed before sale rather than submerged and will usually take some time to get accustomed to its new conditions. Its possible you can lose all the old leafs to melt, but new growth should be more healthy. Are you seeing any new growth?

I would remove any melted leafs as far down as you can get to ensure that nutrients are going to new growth rather than trying sustain dying leafs.

Thank you, Aiken Drum. I'm not really seeing any new growth, but I will remove the yellowing leaves. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom