Plant suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squealor

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm just starting to get the hang of my planted tank. I started out a newbie of fish and did my research, but never realized what it takes to have plants! I didn't research nearly as much as I should have!

Well, just upgraded my 46 gallon to 110 watts (from 30), started using fertilizers (Flourish, Flourish Iron, Flourish Potassium, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish phosphorus), and added another CO2 canister.

The plants are actually starting to come back... some of them I thought were hopelessly lost! I actually pruned off dead parts today and it looks like a whole new tank! All the plants are coming back and some have visibly grown a ton and are sprouting new parts!!

Now, I'm looking to buy some more for the tank to make it a bit more heavily planted. I'm looking for a couple of good (on the easy side) foreground plants, as well as a couple of midground plants.

What I have so far is:
Anubias (two)
Anacharis
Wisteria
Narrow leaf Ludwigia
Mystery small plant (can't figure it out)
Sword plant (I think Amazon, but it's losing all it's leaves and sprouting new shaped ones, so I'm not sure)

I'm looking for something with smaller leaves (like the enubias, wisteria, ludwigia) considering the anacharis and sword seem to shade the tank and take up a lot of room.

Any suggestions? TIA!

Back
Top Bottom