Planted 20L stocking thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaylNeko

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I still have my 10g to finish restocking, the 46g to finish out, and my 55g to rescape, but after those tanks I'm thinking of getting a 20L ( MTS? Me? Says who...). Planted, o'course--I'm thinking of using it to start playing with a higher tech plant set up with CO2, etc.

I was initially thinking celestial pearl danios, but they are sub tropical rather than tropical, so they're out as I am dead set on finally getting an apisto. I was doing some research, and it sounds like I can do both a cockatoo apisto and an apisto agassizi, providing I plant and hardacape to ensure they both have their own territories. Not a problem there.

After that, a fairly large school of ember tetras. Or maybe harlequin rasboras...smaller school, still pretty fish.

Marble or dwarf hatchetfish because I've wanted a school of them for a while.

Then was thinking kuhli loaches. Or maybe dwarf chain loaches, if my fish store can get them. But I could do the dwarf chains in the 10g and get both...

And a trio of Otos. Shrimp. Snails.

In case you hadn't seen the theme, I think I'm leaning slightly towards a nano fish tank. Any thoughts?

Personally, I'd do a male/female pair of the cockatoos. That would probably bring out the best color and behavior. I don't believe that pairs are super-aggressive, provided an ample footprint with hiding spots. Somebody with more dwarf cichlid experience can correct me if I'm wrong.

You don't think 2 males would be compatible given easily definable territories?

Back
Top Bottom