Planted 5!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quinn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any suggestions or comments onmy newly planted 5 gallon tank are greatly appreciated. So are fish suggestions.

Attachments

• image-2376294995.jpg
    image-2376294995.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 115
  • image-532459056.jpg
    image-532459056.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 112
  • image-988847029.jpg
    image-988847029.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 112
Very nice. I'm kinda partial atm, but a betta would be my first choice. What is your set up like?

I'm kind of a newb, so what does atm stand for? I have a penguin biowheel 100, 17 watts of flourescent light, and dirt capped with sand.

Wow. I thought that was tank lingo or something.

Nice! Try the water sprite as a center piece, you can see it really bloom into a tree that way rather than having it restricted to the corner.

What are those plants on the left and right of the Anubias? Either way try separating those out so they can carpet out :)

Thanks. The small grass type stuff is micro sword. I probably will switch the water sprite with the crypts later on. Stay posted as a will be adding fish soon. What do you suggest?

Thanks. The small grass type stuff is micro sword. I probably will switch the water sprite with the crypts later on. Stay posted as a will be adding fish soon. What do you suggest?

Dwarf Puffer!!

The Micro Swords will spread/carpet better if you divide those clump's into inch size pieces and plant them about an inch apart in a checkerboard pattern. Also I can't tell from the picture but is the rhizome of the Anubia above or below the substrate?

I made sure to put the rhizome right above the substrate ( which is sand ). Today I seperated the micro sword and replanted, along with 75% water change because of tannins from the dirt. Where can I find dwarf puffers? Also I switched the water sprite and the crypt. How does it look?

Attachments

• image-1091689994.jpg
    image-1091689994.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 61
IMO the water sprite due to its size and the size it will quickly grow to completely hides the crypt. It is always better IMO to be used as a background plant.

My background is completely stuffed with Anacharis and cambomba. I'll just try to keep the sprite trimmed and see where it goes from there. I have a bunch of 6 stems of Anacharis if you know anyone interested by the way.

Back
Top Bottom