plants FRESHWATER GRASSES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you mean by freshwater grass? I am assuming you are talking about something like lilaeopsis or Eleocharis. Are you sure you have the proper lighting and tank setup to keep it? Based on the way you phrased the post, I am guessing you may need to do some more research before spending any money on plants. Sorry if that might sound harsh, but just trying to save you frustration, time, and money up front. Hopefully I am wrong, and you are armed with the knowledge and equipment to make it work!

That depends greatly upon what size tank you have, and what specific species of plants you want to grow. Most plants that have a grass like appearance need a fixture that is much more powerful and specialized than a standard stock hood that comes with a tank kit will provide.

Well I'm getting a 30 inch long light. I can't remember the name and its a 10 gallon tank

A 30" light on a 10 gal tank? 10" of the light will hang over the sides of the tank...

Is it a custom tank? There is no standard 30" wide 10 gal tank. It would be extremely shallow. If it is 30" and 10 gals, then it couldn't be more than about 8" deep...

Well now that you mention that I might have to take a second look at the dimensions and I will let u know but what I'm looking for is just grass. No ferns and I don't know the names of then. Here is a pic of my tank. The first pic is with lights on and the second is with lights off

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110714_162248.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110714_162248.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20110714_162317.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110714_162317.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 113
o.jonathan.o said:
Well now that you mention that I might have to take a second look at the dimensions and I will let u know but what I'm looking for is just grass. No ferns and I don't know the names of then. Here is a pic of my tank. The first pic is with lights on and the second is with lights off

What type of light bulbs do you have?

Well in both of my 10 gallons I have microswords lilaeopsis brasiliensis. Both tanks have spiral cfl lights, 1 has 2 15w 6500k and the other has 2 20w 6500k. I dose both 1.5 ml of excel daily and they are spreading pretty good.

I don't know how to navigate that website too good. How do I get there

Back
Top Bottom