Plants on vacation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

okapizebra

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's not the plants that are going on vacation, but me, and for five days. I was wondering if the plants are going to be all right for five days without any light. My lights don't have a timer and I don't want to keep the lights on for five days straight because I fear an algae bloom... I know my fish will all be fine for five days, but it's my plants that I'm worrying about! :ermm:

Good point. It would be best to get a timer anyway even for when you are not at home. They are only about $5 at home depot.

I didn't know I could get them for so cheap. Is there benefits of having a consistent amount of time of light each day? Because I usually just turn on the lights in the morning and turn them off around 8 in the evening, no big deal. I'd have to buy two because I have two planted tanks.

I'm not really keeping any demanding plants either. Swords, crypts, wisteria, water sprite, christmas moss, java fern, a marimo ball, and onion plants.

Yeah, you are right, not much demand there. It is just good to have a consistent photoperiod... but certainly you can get by without it.

Back
Top Bottom