platy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy_friend

Aquarium Advice Regular
if I have 2 male platies and 3 females, would the females give birth at around the same time? I don't think I could handle that much fry for my first time. also I have a breeding tank for the fry, but I don't know if it would get all the fry in there. this is my females first pregnancy so I know she won't have a huge amount of babies but how many am I expecting? she has a slightly round belly but I haven't had her for long, and I know they are pregnant for a month (ish).

IMG_1800.jpg
this is her, I she pregnant?

Good luck with the babies, my Molly had her first fry last Sunday and so far there's 29 ! And my guppy had 9 . So I suppose it's down to the fish ! They are so cute though,, this is a pic of my mollies only a few hours old. I seperated them into their own 80 litre tank so they are very happy :)

image-4065659621.jpg

congrats, they are so cute :) do mollies always have a lot of fry even when its their first pregnancy. i'm getting a pair of mollies who will hopefully breed, what sort of molly fry is that.

To be honest she's the first I've had, and I've had her a year along with 3 other females and 2 males (shops sold me a male instead if female , so now I double check ) I would get at least 2 females though or he'll drive her nuts :)

Sorry she's a gold Molly, I think there's a bit of dalmation Molly in there, the dad is a dalmation Molly, but my other female who I suspect is going to give birth very soon is a dalmation Molly, so we should have some nice spotty fish :D

awww soooo cute, I love mollies. yeah I agree, i'm going to get two females so they aren't harassed by the male. do you think my platy is pregnant, she's in with males so she should be but i'm not sure.

currently only one female to two males! I know, very wrong, but we mixed up the gender of one of the males, so getting more female platies this Friday. the males aren't chasing her at the moment so I hope she can last a day of them. good news about her being preggy, we are going on holiday next week so I hope she doesn't choose then to drop

She doesn't look that big, my platy is enormous I think she could drop any day ! I have 3 females to one male platy and he drives them all crackers , can't wait for my hubby to build a new tank so I can get more females of all the fish, :)
(Where are you ? I'm from the uk but living in Tenerife )

Back
Top Bottom