Play sand ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes rinse it well and it works great and looks really nice and natural

Large water changes will be your best friend to get rid of the cloudiness. When you put new water in make sure you don't disturb the sand or it could cloud up again depending on how well it was rinsed

I waited a couple hours for it to settle before I turned my filter on, next day it was a lot less cloudy but still cloudy. Then I did a 80-90% water change and it was crystal clear. I used a large mixing bowl placed on the sand to pour the new water into.

I just put sand in my tank, it wasn't cloudy but I used kiln dried silica sand, the stuff that goes between bricks on a drive, looks great!

Did mine this afternoon and still hasn't cleared up I'm Worried

I have done both play sand and pool filter sand in my tanks. From now on I will only do pool filter. Much easier to clean in the beginning. Easier to aquascape. Easier to vacuum poop. Play sand was also so light that it got in my filter. Play sand can be done. Just play sand be done. Just more work. Rather pay 10 dollars for fifty pounds of pool filter and save myself the work

Back
Top Bottom