please help asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmilnik

Aquarium Advice Regular
I adjusted my fluval 304 filter and it started shooting out all of this dirty looking water and my tank is really cloudy what should I do?? Please help asap. Thanks

Evidently the hose was holding back something that when you adjusted the hose it allowed a greater flow with the dirty water in it. It could have been a rush of air bubbles also. Anyway a PWC will be necessary to dilute whatever it was.

I agree...I would get on that PWC as soon as possible. Make sure the new SW is at temp and SG before you put it into your tank.

ok done just did about a 15% water change. Is that enough? thanks guys.

15% of how many gallon tank? I would go ahead and be mixing more SW up for additional PWCs over the next few days. It wouldn't hurt to have extra SW on hand for a little while just to be safe. Make sure that you get the water up to the temp of the main tank before doing your PWC...It's also a good idea to allow it to mix with a PH for 24 hours before use. I know sometimes you have emergencies like this and have to do what you have to do. I would just try and get it to temp and SG at the very least.

I would recommend cleaning the filter very well, and doing regular maintenance on it and all your other pumps as well. The output of filters and PH's often decreases drastically w/ even small amounts of build-up inside. That could cause a wide range of issues. In addition to the PWC, running some GAC, at least temporarily, would also be a good idea.

schmilnik said:
ok done just did about a 15% water change. Is that enough? thanks guys.

It is OK for today but you should maybe do one every other day for a couple times more. IMO frequent PWC`s is better than one big PWC. 15% was a good amount.

Back
Top Bottom