Please help me with ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jedihunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
here are some bad pictures of stuff found on LFS.
abrain2.jpg

Are these ones hard to keep?

and here is the last pic of the reborn coral

acoral5.jpg

any idea for special needs? remember a month ago there was only a white skeleton around.

How can i tell if those corals are doing fine?

one's rebirth was totally unplanned

and the other one is a Crappy LFS rescue.

My levels are as follows

PH 8.0
SG 1.022- 1.023
KHmg/l
NH3 0
Nitrite (according to test ) >.3 mg/l

what signs i should worry about?
Tissue disolving?
Skeleton showing?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

I dont know anything about corals, but I was hoping for a better pic of the clay pot :D

Not to point out something that may be obvious but the pics posted above or two seperate species. Both are actually quite easy to care for as long as water parameters and chem are maintained. Of which you have not posted the Ca level which important in order to guage the alkalinity. The SG is also on the lower side depending on how you're measuring it. Nitrite should be undetectable. What are your nitrate levels?

These types of LPS do not typically do well proped on hard surfaces. Depending on your lights, they would do much better on a sand substrate. They should also be kept in a med-low flow area.

Things to watch for are color loss, brown discolorations and flesh recedding inward from the skelaton.

Cheers
Steve

thanks for the info Steve, in the brain pic doesnt make clear whats going on.

i rescued this coral from a bad LFS who had it on a bucket.

some of the tissue seems to be going on vacation!!!

i have replaced it as you suggested (by the way the second is attached to that rock ) i will look how it does untill tomorrow morning

I will try some Ca test as soon as i reach my house.

could you recommend rising the SG to 1.025?

Thanks
JH

If your using a hydrometer I would err on the side of caution and shoot for just under the 1.025 SG. If using a refractometer, aim for 35 ppt. Simpley allowing the water to evaporate until you reached the desired level would be easiest. Just top off with water of the same salinity once there.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom